The Cinque Terra

April 20, 2009

On to the beautiful Cinque Terra - first stop Riomaggiore where we had lunch. Then walked to the second town Manarola (15 minutes) and took the train to Monterossa al Mare where I had my first gelato. Then back on the train to Riomaggiore. It was an express train – at our stop Joanna didn’t want to get off thinking that we were in a tunnel and I had to pull her off the train! Ate dinner all three nights in the beach town of Tirrenia, near Camp Darby where we stayed in Livorna. Had my first carbonnara – bellissima! And a fabulous salad nicoise.

Stopping to take in the scenery in Riomaggiore.

The colors of the buildings are magical.

The harbor of Riomaggiore - one of my favorite photos.

Enjoying my first gelato on the coast. It doesn't get any better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment